First and the last flag day.
Well, it all started when I was taking my own sweet time at home, preparing to go out. Yup, and the consequence I had to suffer is being late and rushing my way to Boon Keng MRT station.
Since its my first Flag Day, I didn't know what to expect except for asking people to donate money repeatedly. ><
Things didn't go well at the beginning. We have been assigned to Somerset, Cathay Cineleisure. However, there are RCY people from other schools everywhere, asking people to donate. I got super pissed off.
Yup, then our group went to Hougang and Kovan then. =) Got quite a lot of people to donate. However, there are some people who just ignored me when I asked them to donate. There's one auntie who shocked me. Even though I didnt approach her, she went up to me, showing me the RC sticker on her bag and said, "I donated already ah! See, my passport! Okay? Don't ask me to donate again ah!"
After reaching home, I sat down and ponder. What has happened to humanity? What's with donating a few cents? Is it that difficult to stop, turn and say "Sorry, I have already donated."? Well, this Flag Day had really given me valuable lessons and also tell me that more than 50% of the Singaporeans are heartless and doesn't care about the unfortunate.
On the other hand, what warms my heart is that some Singaporeans are really caring for the unfortunate. ^^ And I saw quite a number of seniors too! =)
Adding on, I realized smiling isn't a easy task. Especially after receiving countless rejections. Ha. Ha.
Thanks to those who had donated and play a part in helping this society! You'll be blessed!! And to those who didn't, reflect!
Karma.
Signing off,
_overthestars
No comments:
Post a Comment